Paralympic Sports Association
DEFINITION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Personal information is any identifiable information about an individual, other than the person’s business title or business contact information when used or disclosed for the purpose of business communications.
- Personal information excludes anonymous or non-personal information (i.e., information that cannot be associated with or tracked back to a specific individual).
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- PSA collects and maintains different types of personal information in respect of those individuals who are members or employees of PSA.
- Consent is required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information except where required or permitted by law.
- Personal information collected will only be limited to information that is necessary for business purposes
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Personal information will only be disclosed for the purposes for which it was collected, or whereby an individual has provided consent for additional purposes or whereby the information must be disclosed as required by law.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- PSA endeavours to the protection of personal information by applying physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to prevent personal information from loss and unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure.
INQUIRIES OR CONCERNS